Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can the Osprey just MIGRATE Already???


Okfine, I did say I was almost caught up last time, n'est-ce pas?

Here's the thing: I realized I missed a few semi-decent straggler shots from Friday, August 6th through Sunday August 8th, so here goes, starting with the CKL Road 24 nest at the bridge, one of the young ones comes in for a landing:












I now present to you the fledged Osprey that a mere four days earlier was wildly wingercising on the other nest. Admittedly he's still looking a bit nervous here, but he was gone the following day:


 



My adult Osprey flying over the cottage:









This one carries its usual fashion accessory of a demi-poisson in its talons, with perhaps some weeds from the lake, too, I was hoping it wasn't fishing line that can give Osprey serious grief:




So maybe now I'm caught up now with my blog.

Except for a mystery warbler that I came across yesterday morning that I have yet to identify before grovelling once again at John's feet.

Oh, and there's that Crescent Beach Bald Eagle entry from the merry month of MAY that's still lurking, too.......


2 comments:

Glen Webber (Wildlife Photography) said...

I'm sure once the Osprey are gone you'll be missing them. Beautiful birds and very nice photos as per usual.

janice.melendez said...

Thanks, Glen, and you're right, I WILL miss seeing them and listening to them chattering away once they're gone :-(