Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bobcaygeon Stragglers from Yesterday


Mom and I drove to Bobcaygeon along CR 24 and relocated the Eastern Bluebird pair from last week-end:


At the Osprey nest by the locks in town, all was quiet, but here's mom checking me out. No sign of any babies yet but will keep checking over the next few weeks:






Today's post is dedicated to the memory of our dear friend Peter, an avid nature-lover as well as German Shepherd Dog-lover. These amusing photos were taken of him and his dog Kelly in September 2008, as a bear swam by them in the lake, a first for the Point. Peter was non-plussed as ever, while I ran screaming at him along the shoreline. It was a day I'll never forget, here's to YOU, Peter!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Touching, amusing, a wonderful tribute to a wonderful and very special man.