Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Friday, May 14, 2010

White Rock Pics (sorry, no birds today)







Bryce and I had lunch in White Rock today, and seeing as I was there on Monday in a birding capacity (remember the gull with the starfish??!!), here are some scenery shots:





The tide was out, so no birds with all the people on the mudflats enjoying the 21ยบ temps. And YES, there is indeed a white rock in White Rock, on the left-hand side of the photo:



This is looking west from the pier, quite different from what I saw there on Monday at high tide:



And who knew there's a palm tree here, and yup, it's real:




So other than two Bald Eagles I saw on the wing when returning home this afternoon, along with two more adult ones being mobbed by a crow from Bryce's yard (Ann, nice yard bird eh??),  it was a quiet day on the birding front. Must be time to return back home to Ontario now!

1 comment:

Ann Brokelman said...

Only 4 bald eagles today so sad lol.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr See you soon.