Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nice Yard Bird, despite the image quality, pls forgive me!



As I wandered along Bryce's street this a.m., I found a House Finch and the neighbourhood White-crowned Sparrow that sings incessantly from dawn until dusk, I just adore him!

But my BOTD has to be this Bald Eagle, the image quality is despicable, but at this point I'll take what I can get:


Still hoping to get some decent photos of the Violet-green Swallows that are still constantly feeding on insects mid-air, but I packed it in out of fear of having neighbours call the cops on me for odd behaviour (in their minds, not mine!). Will probably park myself in a lawn chair in Bryce's driveway to get some pics so when the cops pull up I can readily explain myself and have him there to vouch for me.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well what a treat for your fan club! I could sit outside this house all day and I might see something interesting (although I wouldn't necessarily know what it is) but I'd probably net a few magpies which I hate plus crows. But the English robins are cute. Actually there is a sparrow hawk in the vicinity and I did'nt see it but our gardener saw it swoop down to the grass and rise up again with a small bird in its claws. The laws of nature rule, I guess.