Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More from Wednesday in Surrey

...have yet to be interrogated by the local police department for wandering around the neighbourhood like a nerd, but here's a House Finch, in fact taken through my bedroom window:




Was amazed at how clean the windows were, then again, remember the amount of rain they get here! My uncle and aunt lived in North Van for decades, and 20 years ago they moved here, to Surrey. Story goes that North Van gets twice as much rainfall as downtown Vancouver, and Surrey gets half as much as downtown Vancouver, so is not surprising they moved this far south. 

Have spent the rest of the afternoon editing, deleting, or tagging photos on my notepad, a tedious task that I've managed to procrastinate about for months now, but is well worth the effort in the end. Still have thousands to go through, though, have barely made a dent. If I'm unable to get outside here, I may have to start posting some from my archives!

No comments: