Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mob Scene



It wasn't unusual to see a Red-tailed Hawk as I did today near the cottage, flying in to land in a tree beside my car:





Little did I know what was going to happen next, I suddenly found myself witnessing a mobbing by Rusty Blackbirds!








The Red-tail was not impressed with the noisy mob:

















In less than a minute, the Rusties had triumphed as the Red-tailed Hawk moved on: 





Timing is everything. 

No comments: