Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Movie Time, Part Two, with the Pileated Family


So here are a few more video clips of these noisy characters.

Day Nine's video shows the young ones waiting to be fed, with the male arriving around the 1:07 minute mark. Watch how aggressive the feeding is:





Day Eleven was the day before they fledged, and was also when I discovered a baby had already learned the adult call! 





To my friends who get automated e-mailings of any blog posts: as the videos aren't attached in the mailings,  in order to watch the videos, you'll need to go to the blog itself , which lives here:

http://janicesbirdingblog.blogspot.ca/


Enjoy!

No comments: