Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Loons on the Lake


Of course my closest views yet this year of a pair of Common Loons off the Point were twenty minutes before a conference call, arghhhhh, so what's one to do?? 

Set the timer, and run!




















It's always wonderful to see them so relaxed as they enjoyed the peaceful waters: 

















Time for one to stretch those glorious wings, while the other preferred to dive:






















What made this brief encounter so precious is there are fewer Loons on the lake this year when compared to last, so I shall treasure them accordingly. 

Even if and when there is a time limit! 

And yes, I made it back in time for my conference call...


No comments: