Totally captivated in 2007 by the live camera feed of the Hornby Island nesting Bald Eagles in B.C., I was drawn into birding and have never looked back. Thus begins my account of what I'm fortunate enough to discover each day and perhaps capture with my camera.



Unless otherwise stated, all images were taken by and are the property of Janice Melendez

Species Counts:

2014 Final Year List: 255; 2015 Year List a/o June 5, 2015: 235; Life List: 327

Monday, March 7, 2011

I Stand Corrected!


Thanks go to Master John yet again for his attention to detail, and once more I should have gone with my gut feeling on last week's Merganser which is indeed a female Common versus Red-breasted:









As for my rant about the fool who misnamed  missing neck ring on the so-called Ring-necked Duck, Master John indicated that in fact it was visible in both Ann's and my photos!

Sibley's field guide doesn't even mention it, but my National Geographic field guide indicates a "cinnamon collar" on the duck, saying it's tough to see. Double-click on this magnified photo (and hit the "back" button to return to the blog)   and you will see it  barely:




So I stand corrected, thanks John!
  


No comments: